Schaeffler supplies products and technologies that make mobility and industrial equipment more eco-friendly and efficient. As a leading technology company, Schaeffler is also committed to creating its own processes as energy efficient, eco-friendly, and resource efficient as possible. For this purpose, Schaeffler relies on a continuous improvement process for all environmental and energy relevant processes. The worldwide standardization of the associated processes enables effective management of all relevant aspects.
Sustainability in concrete terms
- Environmental and energy topics are organized in a worldwide matrix organization
- The integrated environmental management is certified in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard and the EMAS eco-audit standard
Energy and emissions
- Schaeffler is committed to the Paris Climate Change Agreement to limit global warming to less than 2° or 1.5° Celsius
- The basis for calculating the environmental and climate objectives will be revised to improve the validity of the indicators
Material and resource management
- The concentration of logistics activities enables efficient market supply
- Global expansion of charging infrastructure for electric and hybrid vehicles at Schaeffler locations enables climate-friendly employee mobility
With its energy efficient and eco-friendly processes, the company contributes to the SDGs “Responsible consumption and production” (SDG 12) as well as “Climate action” (SDG 13).