CEO Automotive Aftermarket
Michael Söding (born 1962) studied engineering management at Darmstadt University of Technology (TU) from 1981 to 1988.
He started his career at the renowned tire manufacturer Pirelli, where he worked from 1989 to 1993 in several positions in technical sales and eventually took over as head of product management for passenger car tires.
He subsequently held positions in aftermarket for parts manufacturers producing starter batteries and brake systems. As an aftermarket manager, he was in charge of the entire replacement parts business of Exide Automotive Batterie GmbH, a battery manufacturer based in Hesse, Germany, from 1997 to 2001.
From 2002 onwards, Mr. Söding held management positions in the Schaeffler Group's Automotive Aftermarket sales and marketing departments for a period of eight years. From 2009 to 2017, he was responsible for Schaeffler's replacement parts business at a global level.
With the establishment of Automotive Aftermarket as an Executive Board function, Mr. Söding was appointed as a member of Schaeffler AG’s Executive Board. He has been responsible for the Schaeffler Group’s Automotive Aftermarket business since January 2018.
Memberships and Commitments
- Chairman of the VDA (Association of the German Automotive Industry) – trade working group (since 2016)
- Member of the VDA aftermarket committee (since 2010)
- Member of the VREI e. V. steering committee (since 2010)
- Member of the CLEPA aftermarket working group, Brussels (since 2008)
- Member of the trade show committee of “Automechanika” at Messe Frankfurt (since 2010)
- Member of the shareholder committee of TecAlliance GmbH (since 2017)
- Member of the shareholder committee of Caruso GmbH (since 2017)